Goodbye Finn, Hello 1342 Miles

 

Saturday May 15, 2021.   Time to go....Goodbye, we miss you already, don’t forget us Finn💕


Ok honey only 1342 miles to go....Abilene prettiest town I ever seen, women there don’t treat you mean, my Abilene.  See not the prettiest girls, prettiest town...and really. ...not so pretty.  The WASP (Women Airforce Service Pilots) Museum in Abilene, it was our first stop but it was closed for a private event. That’s OK onto Midland for George W Bush childhood home.  

A modest home and it looked like lots of love was inside, still had the doghouse! No dog.  
Interesting fact:  Laura Welch Bush was from Midland.

Highlight ..Permian Basin Petroleum Museum in Midland, yes the Permian Basin is the town in Friday Night Lights.  

One wing of the museum is dedicated to Chappaal cars and their history.  The car on the right won the Indy 500 in ‘79 driven by Al Unser.  Hey who is the driver on the left?????  John tried but couldn’t fit, you have to remove the steering wheel to get in....it was tight for me.  They drive the cars around regularly to keep them performing...I’ll take that job!
John’s favorite, twirly money donations.  A big part of the museum were gemstones from all over the world...there are like 22,000 drilling operations world wide which uncover some of these gems.  
I think I found a rock for my next ring. 💍


A drilling simulator, John did tactical, I was the engineer.  We found and drilled for oil, very exciting...all that without leaving the museum, or our chairs!  Very cute kids area...you can change a tire, ride in a race car, all interactive kid friendly displays.  Well done Midland.

As you proceeded through the museum each decade was displayed with the price of gas, bread milk, what movies and music were popular. Informative and interesting, great video footage.

“Peg” the Pegasus symbol was used by Standard Oil Co in 1911, to become the Mobilgas trademark.


Yeah that’s our motorhome in the parking lot, did I mention the museum is part of Harvest Hosts, there were 3 RV’s staying the night...Parteeeee!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heads Carolina, Tails California

Does it really matter

Did someone say Friday the 13th?