This Land is Their Land

​we left the St. Louis arch and met Johns sister Colleen in town and drove to their home in Quincy Missouri. 


On our way we stopped at Mark Twains  boyhood home and Colleen gave us a quick tour of the area.


We crossed over so many bridges and rivers, and I have no idea what state we’re in or where we’re going🤪

Colleen and her husband Victor live in Quincy Missouri but they are building a home across the bridge in Illinois. We had a really fun, nice visit and went out to dinner and spent the night in her lovely guestroom with a real bed and shower. It was hard to leave.. 🥲 in the morning we left and drove about 30 minutes to their property. 


I think they call this a shouse part shop, and part house. You could fit our house in just the Shop portion about four times ! it’s three stories with the house on the front a basement and attic, all usable space. This is on over 200 acres with 3 ponds and a deer blind. We got the full tour and walked a few miles, and Victor even caught a fish in one of the ponds🐟🎣. 


No boots to fit me so I just pulled my socks up over my pants thanks Debbie for those really cute socks you gave me at the golf tournament many years ago.💕 the really fun part was all the farm equipment that they have; every man’s Toy dream. 🚜 thanks Colleen and Victor. We had a great time and it was fun to see Andrew and I’m sorry I didn’t get this picture to add to the Blog. You are wonderful hosts.💕


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heads Carolina, Tails California

Does it really matter

Did someone say Friday the 13th?